Bringing family with you
If you are working in Australia, you may be able to bring your family if:
- Your family members are included as applicants in your working visa application, or
- Your family members apply for a visas within the Family Stream or
- Your family members apply for a visitor visa
The majority of working visas allow you to include your family members as applicants in your visa application.
Depending on the working visa you are applying for, you may be able to include:
- Your partner (married or de facto)
- Your children (including your partner’s dependent children)
- Other dependent relatives
See > Workers
Visa options for family members
If you are an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen your family may be able to apply for a visas within the Family Stream.
Visa options for family members include:
- Partner category visa options
- Child and adoption visa options
- Parent visa options
- Carer visa options
- Relative visa options
If your family intends to visit Australia for a short time only, they may want to apply for a visitor visa.
See > Visitor visas